Welcome to another exciting episode of Analytics on Fire! This week’s topic comes from one of our customers, Kimberly-Clark. Lestor Meadows, Senior Manager of Global BI Delivery for Kimberly-Clark’s Enterprise Data Management and Analytics team, discusses how he took his highly successful Awareness and Adoption program from being a regional to a global phenomenon within the company.
Tune in as Lestor delves into how he created a self-sustaining BI awareness program that helps Kimberly-Clark increase their adoption. He divulges the exact details of how Kimberly-Clark was able to achieve such a great feat. He generously shares the types of media that he used to create buzz, his must-dos for BI user adoption success, as well as everything he learned along the way.
If you’re struggling with your BI user adoption or trying to create a plan for approaching awareness and user adoption together, this episode is for you. So turn up the volume and listen in, because you don’t want to miss this well-overdue episode!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Lestor created a self-sustaining program that helps Kimberly-Clark increase their adoption.
- How the BI Awareness and Adoption program at Kimberly-Clark became a global phenomenon.
- [08:25] – Lestor explains what a true BI Awareness and Adoption Program is all about.
- [09:00] – Lestor deep dives into the key facets of BI awareness and the exact tools he used.
- [10:22] – Lestor discusses why he created a ‘BI on BI’ program to track his SAP Business Objects implementation.
- [13:29] – Lestor explains how their ‘BI on BI’ program was able to track the usage of 80% of the tools at Kimberly-Clark!
- [14:30] – Key Quote: “We could prove [BI] adoption through the BI on BI stats that we had!”
- [22:15] – Lestor shares an example of how they started with 25 people and grew to 400 [BI] users in Asian Pacific for a signal application!
- [23:20] – Key Quote: “We are very passionate about having good [BI] design with technical spec [at Kimberly-Clark].”
- Lestor emphasizes that “Every [BI] report we build, must tell a story [at Kimberly-Clark].”
- [29:09] – Key Quote: “[BI] Awareness and Adoption never sleeps.”
- And so much more! Enjoy!
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Connect with Lestor: Twitter | Email | LinkedIn
- Episode 15: Why the Key to a Data-Driven Culture is Community with Shawn Rogers
- Episode 12: Collective Insights: Take your Collaborative BI to the next level with Howard Dresner
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! We read each and every one of them!
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
- Mico’s Top 5 BIDF Data Visual Storytelling Workshops of 2018 - January 11, 2018
- It’s almost time for #BI2017 #HANA2017 in Orlando - February 16, 2017
- 16: BI Awareness and Adoption Tactics that Work with Lestor Meadows of Kimberly-Clark - August 23, 2016
- 15: Why the Key to a Data-Driven Culture is Community with Shawn Rogers - July 4, 2016
- It’s about that time for #BI2016 #HANA2016 in Vienna - June 10, 2016