This week on Analytics on Fire, our very special guest is none other than our very own Ryan Goodman. Ryan is the CEO of CMaps Analytics (formerly Centigon Solutions), co-founder of Analytics on Fire and the resident maps guy. He has spent over 12 years designing analytics business apps and harnesses all of that experience to help enterprises leverage geo-spatial data and analysis today.
Join us as Ryan walks us through the key benefits of using Location Intelligence as a key part of your BI competency, as well as the specific steps you need to succeed. You are not going to want to miss this fun and informative episode that will help you understand how to take the first steps in bringing location analytics to all levels of your enterprise, what you need to avoid, and discover the roadmap to your own success in GIS integration.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Ryan became the “the maps guy”.
- The top pitfalls of using maps incorrectly.
- How to ask the right questions to find what you need.
- Why should people care about maps or GIS? (What is the biggest barrier for folks?)
- Ryan’s steps for mapifying KPIs.
- His thoughts on how to determine the good and the bad of a potential map technology.
- The past (and future) companies that have been bringing map technology to the world.
- Ryan’s process to start exploring maps.
- The three general steps to success with map integration.
- Why you have to understand that it is not all about maps.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Episode:
- Connect with Ryan: Email | Twitter | LinkedIn | Centigon Solutions
- Text “ilovemaps” to 44222 for more information
- INFOGRAPHIC: Mapify your KPIs
- Location Intelligence Dictionary
- CMaps Analytics
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! We read each and every one of them!
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Want to learn more?
- Mico’s Top 5 BIDF Data Visual Storytelling Workshops of 2018 - January 11, 2018
- It’s almost time for #BI2017 #HANA2017 in Orlando - February 16, 2017
- 16: BI Awareness and Adoption Tactics that Work with Lestor Meadows of Kimberly-Clark - August 23, 2016
- 15: Why the Key to a Data-Driven Culture is Community with Shawn Rogers - July 4, 2016
- It’s about that time for #BI2016 #HANA2016 in Vienna - June 10, 2016