On this episode of Analytics on Fire, we’re excited to be talking to one of our top students from our BI Dashboard Formula training program. Matthew (Matty) Grygorcewicz is a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) professional with 15+ years’ IT experience. He has worked for a number of large global companies. He is currently a Senior Business (BI) Analyst at South Australia Power Networks and a speaker.
While Matty’s success is no secret to the BI community in Australia and Singapore, we thought it would be great to start the year by inviting Matty to talk about how he applied our BI Dashboard Formula (BIDF) methodology to his analytics project and became a BI rock star and speaker in the process. He shares the gruesome details of how he went from struggling to implementing one dashboard, to deploying 4 dashboards in 5 months! You’ll hear about some of the biggest challenges he had to overcome in his BI Journey and analyze the lessons he’s learned along the way. You’ll get to hear how his success has allowed him to travel around the world to tell his inspiring story.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What pushed Matty to go from IT guy to Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Matty’s critical role at South Australia Power Networks.
- Matty’s first encounter with the BI Dashboard Formula (BIDF) program and why it took him two years to get started.
- The top things he started doing differently after going through the BIDF program and how it changed his project.
- How Matty, as an IT guy, got around the ‘design’ hurdle.
- His key to reducing the overall project time.
- The importance of embracing the idea of ‘proximity’.
- How Matty and his team find and identify their “Champions”.
- Some of the biggest challenges he had to overcome in his BI Journey and which ones he is still struggling with.
- Why user adoption is the key to success in Matty’s work.
- Here is the quote he has on his desk:
Links and Resources mentioned in this Episode:
- Connect with Matty Grygorcewicz: LinkedIn | Twitter
- South Australia Power Networks
- Matty’s Dashboard Success Story (part 1/2)
- BI Dashboard Formula Methodology Program
- BI Dashboard Formula KPI Blueprint Template
- Balsamiq. Rapid, effective and fun wireframing software
- Mastering Business Analytics with SAP Solutions (Australia Conference)
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
- It’s almost time for #BI2017 #HANA2017 in Orlando - February 16, 2017
- 16: BI Awareness and Adoption Tactics that Work with Lestor Meadows of Kimberly-Clark - August 23, 2016
- 15: Why the Key to a Data-Driven Culture is Community with Shawn Rogers - July 4, 2016
- It’s about that time for #BI2016 #HANA2016 in Vienna - June 10, 2016
- Ep #14: The Four Step Path to Success with GIS and Analytics with Matt Sheehan - May 31, 2016